Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Roswell, Hangar 18, Wright Patterson and My Dad.

A while back, I joked about my Dad seeing aliens at Wright Patterson Air Force base when he was stationed there in the late 60's.

After checking out this little article about Hangar 18 on a cool Bigfoot conspiracy website called Cryptomundo, I was hanging out with my dad this past weekend and thought I'd really ask him about the supposed location of the UFO that crashed in Roswell complete with alien grays.

"Yeah, I used to drive my Lieutenant there almost every day," he said. "The place was heavily guarded."

"Did you ever get inside?" I asked.

"Almost," he said. "I followed the lieutenant in, but the guards stopped me because I wasn't ranked high enough to enter."

"Well, there had to be a ton of other hangars around there, right?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Well, did any of those hangars have gaurds?"

"Nope."

"None?"

"None."

"So, did you ever hear anything about what was in Hangar 18," I asked.

"Everyone on the base talked about it," he said. "We thought it was weird that they had so many gaurds around that particular hangar. But everyone knew."

"Knew what?" I asked.

"That there was probably a UFO or aliens in that hangar."

I don't know about you, but I thought that was pretty cool...

Dead Aliens in Ohio! (Hmmm? Sounds like a good name for a punk rock band)

On a related note, back in 1996, I picked up a painting job at this old guy's house in Bexley, Ohio, for some extra bucks. For some crazy reason, I found out that he was a retired staff sergeant stationed at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in the early 60's.

After we sort of got to know one another, I couldn't resist. I had to know. I just had to ask.

"So, did you ever see any aliens or UFOs at Wright Pat?"

Suddenly, and this is the truth, he became quiet, then his face got red. Then you could tell he was pretty pissed.

"There aint' no fucking aliens at the place," he screamed. "I didn't see a fucking thing!"

And with that, he fumed away in a stink and slammed the door to his house. I never saw him for the rest of the day.

Suffice to say, when I saw him the next day, I never brought up the subject again. To this day,I always wonder why he got so flustered about that particular question.

Other links about Hangar 18:
Click here for a map of Hangar 18 I found at Stanleysound.com

Click here for a documentary on Hangar 18 found at Alienmania.com

Here's an article by Robert M. Collins discussing the supposed underground vaults below Hangar 18.

Click here to view MegaDeath's 'Hangar 18' video found at Youtube.com

Although this doesn't have anything to do with Hangar 18, there's an interesting story about Jackie Gleason being picked up by President Nixon and being taken to another odd, yet similar heavily-fortified, hangar at Homestead Air Force Base near Miami, Florida.

Click here and here to read a couple stories about the incident, which was broke by The National Enquirer and now, thanks to conspiracy websites everywhere, circulates throughout the internet.

So, what do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The National Enquirer? I'm calling bullshit on that.