Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My macabre Richie Rich cartoon (circa 1980)

Eight-years old must have been a very violent time for me. Either that or I forgot to take my lithium during the Summer of 80. In any event, I found this little cartoon tucked away with my Murder Hill plans.


I guess it's my macabre homage to Richie Rich, my favorite cartoon character at the time.

My personal critique...I like where I'm going with the character. You can totally tell that I traced Richie's (or should I say Retchie's?) head. And check out Cadbury's legs. Either he has short quads and long ankles or Retchie ordered one of his cronies (more than likely Irona, the robot maid) to completely break his hips so Retch can easily swoop in to deliver the eventual death blow of a blade to the perfect butler's gullet.

Which begs to wonder, what were my parent's thinking during this obvious destructive, murderous period of my life?

5 comments:

Kameron said...

This is the funniest thing I've seen in days. I hated Richie Rich...

Anonymous said...

Bonus for Richie's spiked collar.

Eimer Debris said...

KENT KAMERON

Thanks. I've got some more stuff like this that I'll post up in the near future.

The spiked collar thing. I wonder where I got that idea from at 8-years old?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

xanax said...

sounds kindof good if you think of it