Last week...I wrote about how I kicked major ass during last year's Oscar predictions.
This week...I fell flat on my face during this year's picks with an 11-13 record.
Couple notes about my losses:
- I was very shocked by Hugo's Five Technical Awards including Cinematography!
- I'm happy and sad that Girl With the Dragon Tattoo won best editing (thus increasing my consecutive losing streak to two)
- I Screwed up Leading Actor and Leading Actress.
- I Lost all three 'Shorts' selection.
- The Artist
- Undefeated (which won best documentary)
- The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris (which won best animated short)
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo
- A Separation (which won best foreign language film)
Oh by the way, the Oscars were very underwhelming. And, although, I lost a lot of the awards, very predictable. And, like today's editorial in the Washington Post states: I think we need some young blood injected into this select Academy group consisting of old, white men.
Talk to you soon.