Here are a couple thoughts concerning the Bucks 38-24 Bashing in the Bayou (in glorious copywriter bullet points, of course):
- As soon as Wells ran back the first touchdown to go up 7-0, my first response was "Uh, oh. I've got a bad feeling about this." I kid you not.
- As soon as the score was 10-0, everyone at The Winking Lizard in Peninsula started laughing and having a good ol' time like the Buckeyes already won the championship. I remember looking around thinking "What is wrong with you people?"
- 83 penalty yards for Ohio State including a roughing the punter penalty for a first down. Yikes.
- What's up with the defense? Why can't they wrap up and tackle opponents?
- 31 unanswered points? Can someone explain how that happens against the nation's No. 1 defense?
- LSU's secondary looked awesome. LSU's defense looked awesome.
- On offense, whenever the Tiger's were looking at third and long, I thought to myself, "They're going to get a first down." And they did. Every. Single. Time.
- Why is it as soon as Ohio State is behind one touchdown, it seems like the entire Buckeyes game plan gets thrown out the window?
- Where's Ricky Dudley when you need him? LSU tight-end Richard Dickson caught two TD passes. What's up with that?
- Just like last year, I can't believe I actually watched the whole freaking game waiting, hoping, thinking the Bucks were going to turn it around. Blech.
- I think Ohio State needs to shelve Youngstown State and Kent State and schedule at least two very big non-conference games a year to prepare for a possible conference title and championship run. If they don't win the two biggies, then at least they'll know they're not good enough to make it to the big game.
- I wonder what the Rose Bowl against USC would've been like?
- I wonder if West Virginia would have done the same thing to us had they beat Pittsburgh?
To add insult to injury I came across this very unflattering Ohio State commentary by ESPN regular Pat Forde on ESPN.com today.
All I can say is YEEEEEOUCH!