Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Couple Links For You

I thought I'd share some web sites that I've been checking out.

  • So I'm 35 years old, what do I have to look forward to as I near my 40's? According to this story I found on the DrudgeReport: DEPRESSION!

  • A graphic designer I work with is an avid photographer. A couple days ago, he was showing me some photos from a defunct amusement park near Medina (the name escapes me right now). In any event, I was searching around and came across this site which features defunct amusements parks around the country. Cool shots. Makes me want to go find some of these.

  • I stumbled upon this dude's web site by accident, but it's pretty damn interesting. As it turns out, he visits odd places around the world and writes about them including an entry on the mysterious Mothman in Point Pleasant, Ohio. He must be loaded to afford all this travel time.

  • If you're fan of great political cartoons, go check out Jim Borgman's cartoon blog for the Cincy Enquirer. It's loaded with, pretty much, all of his political cartoons from day one. You may recognize his style. He also draws the cartoon ZITS with writer Jerry Scott.

  • I've been looking for this Cheeto's commercial forever on YOUTUBE. I can't believe I finally found it. My brother and I knew this commerical by heart and used to tape different versions and voiceovers on this old tape-recorder and play them back. And laugh. And laugh. And laugh.

  • To add to that, this Enjoli commercial also brings back a ton of childhood memories when we used to watch soap operas with my mom.


  • Wow! Wasn't that fun? Who knows. Maybe this could be a monthly post.

    No comments: