Monday, February 27, 2012

2012 Oscar Recap: A Disappointing 11-13

Well, back to my losing ways.

Last week...I wrote about how I kicked major ass during last year's Oscar predictions.

This week...I fell flat on my face during this year's picks with an 11-13 record.

Damn.

Couple notes about my losses:
  • I was very shocked by Hugo's Five Technical Awards including Cinematography!
  • I'm happy and sad that Girl With the Dragon Tattoo won best editing (thus increasing my consecutive losing streak to two)
  • I Screwed up Leading Actor and Leading Actress.
  • I Lost all three 'Shorts' selection.
Movies that I now want/need to see based on watching last night's telecast:
  • The Artist
  • Hugo
  • Undefeated (which won best documentary)
  • The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris (which won best animated short)
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
  • The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo
  • A Separation (which won best foreign language film)
That's about it. Lots of work to do today at work while I lick my wounds.
Oh by the way, the Oscars were very underwhelming. And, although, I lost a lot of the awards, very predictable. And, like today's editorial in the Washington Post states: I think we need some young blood injected into this select Academy group consisting of old, white men.

Talk to you soon.

No comments: