Monday, June 2, 2008

100-Meter Record Shattered!

Usain Bolt, set the world record in the 100-meter dash on Saturday night with a time of 9.72 seconds at the Reebok Grand Prix.

It was .02 seconds faster than the previous record held by fellow Jamaican teammate Asafa Powell.

Check out the ESPN.com article right here.

The crazy thing is that Bolt is a 200 guy and wasn't even considered a contender for the 100 record before he ran a 9.76 (the second-fastest 100 ever) last month at a meet in Jamaica.

Knowing this nugget of information, I'm still sticking to my guns on a previous post I wrote and saying that the world record will be broken again in Beijing. Then, I believe it will be broken two or three more times until it remains at 9.5 for a very, very long time.

Speaking of the Olympics, I don't know about you, but with all the crap going on in the world, I'm really looking forward to this year's Summer Olympics.

Add to that the fact that it's taking place in censorship-heavy Beijing, China - and you've got the possibility that something really, really crazy is going to happen.

I'm talking 'fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy'-type Olympic stuff.

If the torch-carrying protests around the world are any sign, the Beijing Olympics will be a hotbed of political intrigue, anti-censorship rants and negative criticism.

I can't wait!

No comments: