Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Cartoon Day - ROADKILL


Well, I wanted to get back to cartooning, so last night I had some time and decided to get cracking. With a kid, another one due in a week, a 9-to-5 job, a lawn to mow (did I mention I have a riding lawn mower?), I think one or two cartoons a week is a good start to get the rust off and get back into action.

Sooo, introducing Thursday Cartoon Day! Every Thursday, I'll try to get at least one new never-before-seen cartoon in front of your eyeballs.

Until I get an official Web site up and running (in ohhhh about 10 years) I'll just post my new toons here. Plus, I'll try to add some of my old ones to entries that warrant an old cartoon. We'll see how it turns out.

As I was drawing the above Roadkill Cartoon last night, here was my thought process (in order):

- "This is a great idea. I'm so funny."
- "Eh, this isn't such a great idea."
- "Not sure if people will get this."
- "Hey, at least its got pretty colors."

That said, if you get this... Congratulations! If not, well go easy, they'll get better. At least I hope they will.

I feel like a rusty quarterback getting his arm back after a long off-season.

EIMER UPDATE: I showed this cartoon to my girlfriend on September 16 and she mentioned that it would've been better had you seen the car in the distance with the same license plate. And that the animal should still be alive and the Park Ranger should totally be taken out of the cartoon all together. After mulling it over, I tend to agree. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Well see if my next cartoon is better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what you get for dating a Creative Director. I wouldn't *know* what your girlfriend does for a living, though, because I'm an anonymous guy from the Internets. Just guessing.

That concept reminds me of the intro animation for one of the animators of the scoreboard at Ohio State. I saw it years ago. I don't remember his name.

Eimer Debris said...

Thanks reader. I think the animator you were talking about is Wild Bill.