Sunday, January 3, 2021

Eimer's Best & Worst Movie Experiences of 2020

The last movie I saw in the theater was on Thursday, Feb. 27. It was The Invisible Man. I guess it was a pretty good choice for my last movie in a theater. I mean, it made my Top 10 (see below), which is a good thing.

But, I hope, I really, really hope, it wasn't the last movie I will see in a theater forever. It can't be. Can it?

With Covid-19 running rampant around the country, movie theaters shuttered in early March. For this movie-loving cinephile, it was a sad, sad day.

Every Autumn, I made it a point to set aside some time, even take a day off work, to visit those hallowed, marooned spaces of peace and harmony and view some Academy Award considerations, independent darlings, and - of course - blockbuster fare. Sometimes with the kids. Sometimes with the wife. Sometimes by myself, which is my preferred way to view films (but don't tell my family). 

But, not this year. 

Hopefully, movie theaters and watching films in the theater will stage a comeback, but I'm not certain it will ever be the same. 

That said, I did get to see a handful of great films in 2020. All of these films were not necessarily released in 2020, but they were movies I finally had the chance to see this year.

Keep in mind, I haven't seen a number of Top 10 critics picks as well including Tenant, The Vast of Night, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Da 5 Bloods, One Night in Miami, Wolfwalkers, Dick Johnson is Dead, Mank, The Nest or Let Them All Talk. But, hopefully the recommendations below will motivate you to check out a few that you may have forgotten or missed along the way. 

Cheers to a better 2021. And fingers-crossed that my ass will be in a seat in the movie theater in the near future. Oh, yeah, don't forget to give my Twitter feed One Sentence Movie Reviews some much-needed love. 

😍 Eimer's Best Movie Experiences of 2020:



😡 Eimer's Worst Movie Experiences of 2020:




More of Eimer's Worsts:


No comments: