Monday, December 31, 2018

Eimer's Best Movies Experiences of 2018


Wow! More than 150 visits to my little old blog in little over a day thanks to this post, and this post. That never happens! Never! I always felt like I was writing to myself and maybe my mom and some other guy who found my blog while searching for 'buckets' in Germany. Nice to know I have a couple people who still enjoy some sarcastic ramblings.

So, rather than wait until a couple days from now, I thought I better strike while the iron is hot, and
release my Best Movie Experiences of 2018. Maybe I'll reach 300 hits today! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you're the one person that frequents my OneSentenceMovieReview Twitter feed, you'll see that I've been cramming in the movies like I've been studying for some sort of test. Judging from my picks, I definitely saved the best for last.

Keep in mind, I haven't seen those critical darlings like Burning, Black Panther, A Star is Born, If Beale Street Could Talk, The Favourite, Green Book, Vice, First Man, Can You Ever Forgive Me, Shoplifters, and - well - a lot of goddamn movies out there. But, in looking over my list, it seems very diverse, spanning across multiple genres with a tip of the hat to some interesting indie fare.

I think I was looking for those little gems that went above and beyond the norm. Those films that pushed the creativity, the innovation, and the storytelling to another level or, at least, an interesting level. The movies that made me jealous when I left the theater screaming "Why didn't I think of that?!!!" to my wife and kids. The films that make me ruminate one day, one month, one season, one year after they've passed by my eyeballs.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed these ten flicks and highly recommend them to anyone out there willing to listen:



















Honorable Mentions - (aka 'The Next Top 10'):
  • The Post (2017)
  • I, Tonya (2017)
  • Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Mandy
  • Blockers
  • Deadpool 2
  • Mission Impossible: Fallout
  • Adrift
  • A Quiet Place
  • Coco (2017)

CHECK OUT MORE OF EIMER'S FAVORITES:

No comments: