Saturday, December 31, 2016

Eimer's Best Movie Experiences of 2016


Back in the day when my kids were between the ages of one and five, I never thought I'd ever have a chance to pursue my passions again. Now that they're a bit older, I find myself writing more (working on a book), drawing more (going to publish more toons), and watching more movies in the theater (yes!). And the beauty of it all is that I have these two impressionable young minds to educate ... or screw up, along the way.

Well, probably a little of both.

Here are my best movie experiences of 2016. I say 'experiences' because some of these films came out in 2015, some came out a bit later (not this year).

Some other films I wanted to see, but didn't have the time, include Fences, The Edge of Seventeen, Jackie, La La Land, Camera Person, Elle, Moonlight, The Founder, Scorcese's Silence, and Chan Wook Park's The Handmaiden.

Oh yeah, and please tell me your ten favorite film experiences of last year. I'd love to know. And also, can you give my Twitter feed One-Sentence Movie Reviews some love, please?


#9 DEADPOOL

#8 BROOKLYN

#7 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE 

#6  THE LOBSTER

#5 HACKSAW RIDGE

#4 THE REVENANT

#3 HELL OR HIGH WATER

#2 MANCHESTER BY THE SEA

# 1 ARRIVAL

ALMOST MADE THE CUT:
  • Sully
  • Sicario
  • The End of the Tour
  • Pawn Sacrifice
  • Spotlight
  • Me & Earl & The Dying Girl
  • Cinderella
  • Green Room
  • Finding Dory
  • The Bronze
  • The Jungle Book
  • Don't Think Twice
  • Midnight Special
  • Diary of a Teenage Girl

CHECK OUT MORE OF EIMER'S FAVORITES:




No comments: