Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Eimertoons - Flo's Fun Land Coloring Book Page

Soooo, since adult coloring books are all the rage, one of our senior art directors had a brilliant idea to create a Progressive-Themed Adult Coloring book to sell to our more than 26,000 employees via our merchandise site.

She reached out to all of the designers (and myself) to create this one-of-a-kind art. Of course, I threw my hat into the ring. I like a good cartooning challenge.

There were only three rules, it had to (1) Be Fun, (2) Be Progressive, and (3) Be Easy To Color.

For a couple weeks, I couldn't think of anything. I was getting depressed. No ideas were seeping into my noggin.

Then, one weekend, I was organizing our basement and came across one of our kid's children's books called Tickets to Ride, An Alphabetic Amusement created by Mark Rogalski.

I started shuffling through the pages and came across the image near the back of the page where the entire park comes together:

Then, I got an idea. I got an awfully creative, fun idea ...

FLO'S FUNLAND!
(click to enlarge, print out and color!)

No comments: