Monday, February 4, 2008

What's Up Patriots Fan?


You've got to wonder what was going through this guy's mind after the clock hit :01 last night.

I'm thinking "Fuck. Now I have to walk out of the stadium looking like this."

Come to think of it, I think it would be a great reality series to follow hard-core NFL fans as they prepare for a Sunday game from morning to night. I'm thinking one hour episodes focusing on one fan per team with HBO producing. I'd definitely tune in.

That said, in addition to the Rams/Titans match-up in 2000, that was best fourth quarter Superbowl action I've ever seen (or can remember) in my 35 years. It reminded me of the final Buckeyes touchdown drive against a cocky Arizona State in the 1997 Rose Bowl. Or Texas defeating USC for the national championship a few years back.

And what was up with Belichik running off the field before time expired? Can you say "Sore Loser"? I can.

No comments: