Thursday, December 6, 2007

Super-sizing Osama Bin Laden

I haven't really talked about the War On Terror too much. I figure you can probably go to a terror-specific web site in order to get all the information you need to form a balanced opinion.

Plus, I'm not that smart.

However, when it comes to films about the war, I can talk your freakin' head off.

I've seen a handful of documentaries on the subject including Fahrenheit 911, Brokedown Palace, 911: In Plane Site, Control Room and Alive Day Memories: Home from Iraq (the HBO documentary produced by Tony Soprano) among others.

However, this new documentary by Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) has me intrigued. It's called Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden.

And, here's the kicker...
Spurlock may have had a sit-down interview with Osama Bin Laden.

Color me intrigued.

I mean, your eyes (and ears) have to perk up a little bit when the film's director of photography says "We've definitely got the Holy Grail."

Like the Aint-It-Cool article said, this could be a big marketing push just to sell the movie. But, if this turns out to be true, then this film (to be released in Spring 2008) will be the biggest FUCK YOU to our current Republican administration.

And, if the documentary turns out to be all it's hyped up to be, then the name Morgan Spurlock will be a household name by the end of next year. Mark my words.

In a sense, why would the current government want to kill the man who is the No. 1 poster boy for terrorism in the United States? Why not keep him alive and keep the American suburbanites in fear? That way, they can pass further fear laws stripping us of our constitutional rights. All the while giving American idiots the false sense of security they constantly crave.

See there. Now I just realized why I don't write about the war and the current President. It's not funny. In fact, it's kind of pathetic.

That's it. I'm renting Fight Club and V for Vendetta tonight to get riled up.

Now who's with me?

Click here to read the Aint-It-Cool-News article.

Click here for Morgan Spurlock's blog.

No comments: