Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Raiders of the Lost Ark circa Atari 2600

You know, besides Adventure, Raiders of the Lost Ark was one of the most impressive action-adventure role-playing games to come out of Atari 2600's long-standing video game dynasty.

At the time, it was The Legend of Zelda, the Doom, the Grand Theft Auto, of this particular game console.

I spent days and days (more like months and months) trying to solve this damn game. Then, after six months of ownership, I received a little piece of advice from a kid at school. I believe it was in the bathroom. Aren't all great business conversations completed in the bathroom?

I don't remember the exact dialogue, but the key words 'Parachute', 'Secret Lair' and 'Ankh' came up a lot. I'm also pretty sure 'Beware the Tsetse Flies' was brought up, but that was something I knew about already. Duh.

So, on my run today. I was thinking about Atari 2600 and the various games I played on that particular game system as well as Intellivision, Colecovision, Odyssey2 and my precious Commodore 64.

Then, my mind reverted back to Raiders. That's when I thought to to myself, "I wonder if there is an Atari 2600 Raiders of the Lost Ark walk-through on YouTube?"

Well, thanks to azzarox661, guess what?

Here's Part 1:



And here's Part 2:



So, the endless, endless hours of blood, sweat and tears, in reality, took only 12 minutes to complete - from start to finish. I could have been writing a book or something!!! Sigh.

Mother Fucking Ark of the Covenant!!!

By the way, I love YouTube.


1 comment:

cbrown said...

Ha. Those damn tsetse flies. I wasted hours on that game. The videos brought back some foggy memories of being an angry 12 year old.

Adventure -- now THAT was a game!