Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Hidden Treasure Trove of Past Eimer Editorials

So, sometimes, I like to Google my name and see what comes up.

Hey! It's not a narcissistic past time at all (well, sorta), but more of a litmus test to ensure there's plenty of positive and not a lot of negative when people are looking you up online.

I try to tell this to all of the new graduates I come across who are looking for a job.

Google yourself and get rid of the negative shit. It's easy. And it's important. I mean, I wouldn't want a prospective employer to come across this picture of me on my honeymoon. (Well, in hindsight, I guess linking to said picture on an open blog is not going to help my employment opportunities, either.)

But I digress.

So, I was Googling myself and came across a link on Google that contained scanned-in newspapers from Westland News circa 2004. I started browsing and came across three editorials that I wrote for the newspaper at the time. Despite some type-os (damn you, editors!!), they're pretty entertaining reads. They brought back some very fond memories of the Suburban News Publication news crew.

During that time, I didn't make much money, but boy did I have fun writing and collaborating with a smart, talented and well-educated team.

So, without further adieu, please enjoy my SNP editorials covering a Canadian fishing trip, javelin in Ohio and deer hunting (and enjoy the good-looking youthful face, by the way):




No comments: