Monday, April 15, 2013

Sketchbook - The Power of the Light Table

So, I'm putting together some drawings for some brochures here at work.

The original artist, a freelancer we hired for a pricey amount of money, pretty much, used a light table to trace pictures and then added her own panache.

My walking orders from the Art Director: "Emulate the original drawings and create something that could be observed as a 'series' of brochures rather than 'new ones."

All in all, I think they turned out okay. I'm not a fan of tracing, but due to time constraints and impending deadlines, there's no way in hell I could make these vehicles look like the originals without the help of my trusty, portable LightTracer (by Artograph) light table and a PaperMate Sharpwriter #2 and...SHAZAM!

ORIGINALS (FROM FREELANCE ILLUSTRATOR):


EIMER DRAWINGS:


1 comment:

cbrown said...

Light box a remnant from your scoreboard days?