Friday, January 9, 2009

Where in the World is John Hughes, Part 2

A while ago, I wrote this piece asking you, the public, where in the hell was Writer/Director/Producer John Hughes - the man, the myth, the legend who brought us Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Breakfast Club and - one of my favorite films of all time - Vacation.

Speaking of Vacation - for all of those unaware, Hughes' screenplay originated from a short story he wrote which was optioned by Hollywood to be transformed into a feature-length film. Which, in turn, still leaves hope for me.

But, instead of little old me going on and on about the experience, I'll let John Hughes tell you himself in this rather interesting forward that he wrote for Zoetrope - a quarterly magazine founded by Francis Ford Coppola devoted to short fiction and one-act plays.

And you can read Hughes' short story Vacation '58 right here.

Enjoy.

No comments: