Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Jazz Band

Remember that box of goodies I was talking about yesterday?

Remember when I said that I uncovered a lot more fun stuff that I wrote/drew in the early 80's when I was between the ages of 8 and 11 years old?

Well...behold the awesomeness of The Jazz Band.
(click image to enlarge)

You know when I unearthed this little treasure a couple nights ago, I couldn't imagine what was going through my mind.

At this age, I didn't even really like jazz. Hell, I'm not even sure that I knew what jazz was.

That said, there's a lot that I love about this drawing including:

  • The guitarist riffing off the jazz drummer.
  • The intense look in all of their eyes. (If I'm not mistaken, they're a bit pissed off.)
  • The matching star shoes and earrings.
  • The fact that the actual name of the group is JAZZ (hence the marking on the drums).
  • I don't think I was trying to be racist with this drawing. My limited Martins Ferry knowledge probably just assumed that only black people played jazz.

More to come.

No comments: