Thursday, September 6, 2007

Is Natalie Portman Nude in Her Next Movie?

I was checking out slashfilm.com, when I came across a little tidbit concerning Natalie Portman.

There's a 12-minute short, with Portman and Jason Schwartzman, that's supposed to run before Wes Anderson's new movie The Darjeeling Limited.

Turns out, she might be nude in it.

Slashfilm has some quotes from an early review of the movie and short including this little gem:

"Schwartzmann gently pulls off Portman’s clothes to reveal her naked body from behind, and a later shot has Portman, nude, standing still in a doorway, one foot up against the frame. It’s the sexiest thing that Anderson has ever done."

Aintitcool news just posted a review that mirrors the same thing:

"Natalie Portman shows a surprising amount of flesh considering. She is completely naked and is shown from behind and the side. You see her body is covered in bruises but you never find out why."

Very saucy stuff, indeed.

Now I don't know about you, but I've always enjoyed Natalie Portman as an actress. I loved her in Beautiful Girls, especially when she was flirting with Timothy Hutton's character. I liked her in the movie Anywhere But Here with Susan Sarandon. I also enjoyed her in Closer (where she does a brief striptease dance for Clive Owen) and Zach Braff's first flick Garden State (when she's in the pool in a bathing suit).

As she gets a bit older, she reminds me of an Americanized Audrey Tatou from the movie Amelie. Besides the Star Wars trilogy, it seems, as of late, she's tackling more heady stuff including V for Vendatta, My Blueberry Nights, The Other Boleyn Girl and this 12-minute short.

I dunno. I guess there's not too much more to say besides the fact that knowing this little bit of information may get you off your butt to see this art-house flick.

Even if you don't like Wes Anderson's work, you can go out, buy a ticket, watch the 12-minute short, see her naked and then leave.

No harm. No foul. Right?

I remember when people did the exact same thing in 1989 when they bought a ticket to go see Clint Eastwood's Pink Cadillac just to see the new trailer for Tim Burton's Batman flick.

Yep, I was one of them.

5 comments:

cbrown said...

Tracy must be pregnant past point of entry, eh? What?

Btw, discussing Blockbuster and blockbusters yesterday, I'm looking forward to hearing about both you & Wiley taking your kids to the theater to see such gems as Curly Sue, Beethoven, 103 Dalmations, How the West Was Fun, The Neverending Story III, and Invisible Dad.

But you'll go; oh yes, you'll go.

And you'll squirm in your seat.

Your Finest Eimer said...

@ Craig

You're talking to the guy who saw Back To School and The Great Outdoors at the movie theater - both three different times.

I'll go see any movie once. Once. I think I'll enjoy watching all the crap.

Eric Wiley said...

Samey-same.

In my 20s I let my dates pick the stupid movie. Now in my 30s I'll let the kids pick.

Maybe I can get one of those tiny lamps you clip onto a book...

Your Finest Eimer said...

@ Eric

Don't you mean in your 40's?

Eric Wiley said...

Not yet, pal.

Everyone just looks older to you because of your 'Gout-Vision'.